Monday, November 28, 2011

Day Hikes Near Boston, Massachusetts (USA)

The other day I wanted to go for a quick day hike, but I didn't really know where to go. Fortunately for me, there is a mailing list in the department where I am doing my graduate work (Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT) that "spams" everyone and is meant for random questions just like this one. Although I ended up going to the Blue Hills, I thought that I would share the list of all places that were recommended to me. The list here is sorted in order of how often it was mentioned in an email (I received about 20 or so responses within 2 hours -- not bad, I would say!). For general information about parks and such, you can always check out the MA Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) website.

Blue Hills
Mt. Monadnock (Jaffrey, NH)
Middlesex Fells
Lynn Woods
Wachusett Mountain
The Trustees
Mt. Everett (Western MA)
Moose Hill Audubon
Borderland State Park
Boston Harbor Walk
Lincoln, MA (e.g. Mt. Misery)
Stony Brook Reservation
Arnold Arboretum
Wapack Trail (e.g. Mount Watatic)
Babson Boulders (Gloucester, MA)

No comments:

Post a Comment